Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I don't like that other people (often) love

So just before I was reading Twitter and it struck me "Yeah, I totally don't get why people are fans of that." Then I was all like "I should do a post about it, like Dani Hampton did, because I gotta get this shit out of me."

So, that's what I'm doing.

I'm not into (but maybe you are):
  • Robyn. The lady-singer, not the type of bird or Robin Thicke, though I also REALLY don't like him.
  • Breaking Bad. I have watched up until the first season when he goes for his first treatment. Just not into it; all the characters are extremely annoying except for the druggie guy because he's kind of funny.
  • Cronuts. I have tried two and they were both remarkably blah. Croissants on their own are one of my favourite pastry treats and trying to mesh them with a donut does not work. Donuts are ok on their own, too.
  • Candy Crush. I played for a little bit but they want you to buy way too much shit.
  • Paleo diet. Please go and speak to (a) real anthropologist(s) and do some research from peer-reviewed scientific journals before getting on board with that shit.
  • Headbands on baby girls. You're making your kid look really stupid, therefore, you suck.
  • More than a very, very light mist of perfume. Having to sit next to someone in close quarters who is wearing a lot of perfume or cologne is extremely unpleasant and gives me a headache.
  • Pretty much any of the fake reality show comedies (The Office - though the British version was better, Parks and Recreation, etc), except for Derek which is delightful.
  • High heels or wedges.
  • St Pierre's sushi. I prefer a select few local places.
  • KFC.
I feel better now.

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on everything except Robyn... and St Pierre's sushi, because I have no idea who St Pierre is! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cronuts? Like, a mix between a croissant and a donut? I've never heard of that before but I can already imagine it won't work. :P

    And god, Breaking Bad... EVERYONE at work is completely crazy about the show and have been talking about it non-stop for weeks. Maybe it's a great show, I don't know since I've never watched it, but I'm already tired of it and feel zero desire to watch it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, a smooshing of both together! They're round and the ones I've had have been filled with a custard or pastry cream and totally drowned in sugar. I wonder is fresh from the oven with only a BIT of cinnamon sugar and no filling would be better.


    So glad I'm not the only one who isn't into Breaking Bad!


    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. St Pierre's is a sushi chain in Auckland and, I think, Christchurch. Not sure about anywhere else in the country though. They used to be good but compared to the small, family run places with very fresh ingredients, they suck, lol.


    I don't even know why they're called St Pierre's...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! Yeah. Chain sushi places generally aren't that great. My favourite sushi place here is run by a Korean family, but it's in such an awkward place so I end up getting chain sushi more often. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin Thicke is gross.
    I've never seen Breaking Bad, and I don't think I want to, it doesn't sound like my kind of thing.
    I have never tried a cronut, so I don't have an opinion either way.
    I may or may not be slightly hooked on Candy Crush.
    Paleo diet WTF!? No thanks. Not my kind of thing either, though if other people think it's making them healthier, then good for them I suppose.
    Also hate KFC, btw. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete